Once you have decided that you are opting for home healthcare services in Long Island, you want to make sure that you identify the right provider for your loved one’s comfort. Here are a few things you want to ask them before you choose to hire a service –
- Do the home healthcare services NY provide literature that elaborates its offerings, fee structure, funding sources and eligibility requirements? Many of the agencies will be more than happy to offer a comprehensive “Patient Bill of Rights” that defines the rights and responsibilities of the service providers, the care givers as well as the patients.
- How old are the home healthcare services in Long Island NY that you are speaking with?
- Is the agency you are speaking with Medicare certified?
- Does it have the necessary state licenses?
- Is the agency able to elaborate the services that the insurance or Medicare can cover versus what the client has to pay for?
- Does the agency have an established track record?
- What are the different services the agency offers?
- Do they offer specific services that your loved one needs, for instance, occupational therapy and physical therapy?
- Are they able to fulfil special requirements such as cultural or language preferences?
In addition to this, find out about how the provider chooses to hire and train its caregivers. Do they perform strict background checks on their employees? Assess how closely they are willing to work with you to make sure that all the needs of your loved one are taken care of for maximum comfort and care.