When your parents grow old, they become delicate and more forgetful. Also, they are more prone to accidents and trauma. So it is natural for you to consider senior care.
The traditional solution is to send them to a nursing home.
What are the top 5 advantages of in-home care for elders?
However, many people have now begun to choose home healthcare instead due to various reasons. They are listed below,
- When you hire a home healthcare service in Long Island, you can be sure that your loved ones receive the primary focus of the caregiver. But in case of nursing homes, they might have to wait for their needs to be fulfilled.
- Often, elderly people find it very stressful to move to a new location. No matter how comfy the place is, it is very difficult to recreate the familiar comforts of an individual’s own home.
- Studies prove that seniors staying at their own home tend to live longer than the residents of nursing homes. They are also healthier both physically and mentally.
- Home health care in Long Island provides customized service to their customers. If your parents are suffering from any specific disease like Alzheimer’s or dementia, they can easily tailor their services to suit their needs. But you cannot expect the same from nursing homes that usually follow the same level of standard for all their residents.
- Nursing homes can be more expensive than in-home care because you often pay for things your parents may not need.
Why Choose TLC Companions For In-Home Care?
So before jumping on the nursing home bandwagon, take time to reconsider your decision. Perhaps, home health care service is what your loved ones truly need. TLC offers the advantages of in-home care for elders at an affordable price.
Hiring a knowledgeable professional can help your father by being a companion, and help with other personal needs. Even the caretaker who offer home healthcare on Long Island , can take your father to the doctor in case of emergencies.